The Crossword Solver found answer to “Make dough or bread”, 6 letters crossword clue. The Crossword Solver finds answers to American-style crosswords, British-style crosswords, general knowledge crosswords and cryptic crossword puzzles.
Answer : MOOLAH
boodle, bread, cabbage, clams, dinero, dough, gelt, kale, lettuce, lolly, lucre, loot, moolah, pelf, scratch, shekels, simoleons, sugar, wampum – n
informal terms for money
boodle, bread, cabbage, clams, dinero, dough, gelt, kale, lettuce, lolly, loot, lucre, pelf, scratch, shekels, simoleons, sugar, wampum
“My flowered shirt looked cool in the store,” Emily says. “But I only have one item to wear with it, and it was a waste of moolah.”
“We’re talking $1.8 billion of dividends a year, so that’s major moolah.”
“It’s that time of the year, and no matter what you do, it’s going to cost moolah.”
Unknown, attested since the 1920s. Suggested origins, none of which are accepted by mainstream lexicographers, include:
- from Romani mol (“have value, be worth”)
- from Irish moll óir (“heap of gold”) However, this is unlikely because of the difference in pronunciation.
- from French moulin (“mill”)
- from Chinook Jargon moola (“mill”)
- from Sanskrit मूल (mūla, “capital, principal”)
- coined by Chuck Green, a friend of Damon Runyon